Tuesday, January 18, 2011

what I want

When I feel like I cannot have what I want, I try to figure out if I actually really need it.
When I realize that I really need it and still can't have it, I try to figure out how to live without it.
When I can't figure out how to live without it and be happy, I resort to counting my blessings...

My kids are here, safe and sound.
My dogs are tired and sleeping.
The creek is flowing, it sounds like heaven.
The sheets are freshly changed.
I pulled off a few good powercleans today.
The moon is full and I like looking at it.
My family still loves me despite my faults.
My friends still love me probably because of my faults.
I did a few good powercleans today...

I still want it.


I found good berries at the market.
Tomorrow is 1/2 way through the school week.
There is no rain in the forecast.
I have my health.
The grass doesn't grow much or require frequent mowing in winter.

How do I stop wanting what I can't have?   Maybe it's a blessing too?  Maybe not having what I want is a blessing in disguise?   Doubt it.

My cleaning lady comes this Friday.
Summer is only 5 months away.
Mortgage rates are staying low.
I did a few good powercleans today.


1 comment:

  1. This posted at 11:11, that is my signature, favorite, absolute lucky number. I still don't have what I want.

    ReplyDelete