Monday, January 3, 2011

Four conversations...

I love words; written words, spoken words, whispered words, words sung, even words implied.

Yesterday I had four relatively significant conversations with members of the opposite sex.  That's rare for me, I realize.  One man essentially said that I should ask for things, to say what I want.  Another, my former husband, told me something I'd not understood about myself.  What he said in regard to me was true and obscure.  It startled me.  Another suggested I need to find something he called "clarity".  Easier said then done, but I'll try.  Lastly my son arrived home and informed me that it was, "good to see me".  He's 7 and so hearing that it was good to be seen after he'd been out of sight for under 48 hours practically made me cry, as soon as I stopped laughing over it.

Yesterday's four conversations might seem small, but they're not, because I'm still pondering them, rolling them over in my mind, wondering what it is that I deduced from them?   What actions have manifested for me from those words?  Here's what I think; asking/telling, knowing, seeking, feeling.

I'll say what it is I'd like.   I'll acknowledge something true about myself.  Try to find what I need and be clear, while I feel the sweet emotions that spontaneously rise up in me when someone small says something big... "It's good to see you"....

No comments:

Post a Comment