Sunday, January 2, 2011

recoverageness

Ah, Which way did she go?

Still recovering from New Years Eve.


I learned something from New Years Eve 2010/2011.  I cannot drink like I used to.  Well actually, now that I think of it, I never could drink like I used to - and yes, that makes no sense (Ron Burgundy-ism).

Things I recall about bringing in the new year... riding in a cab, talking to strangers from San Diego, making new friends (lovely people), rambling through a strange house in search of bottled water,  strolling to the beach, staring out to the sea and watching a friend brave the cold, waveless ocean (how very polar bear club).  Seeing a pelican as big as a Pongo dive for fish, morning sun feels good on my face, finding a round, speckled stone and putting it in my pocket, cool, wet sand on my bare feet, men disassembling a Christmas tree, Redbull tastes sweet.

Thinking about 2010 and all that occurred, about all who came and all who went and all who came and went.  Hoping that those I love will always come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment