Friday, March 23, 2012

Lose the BIG Guy...



And yes "Dah".
I should have considered this too.
I considered a lot when I took him in and took him on.
But, I could have contemplated the notion that one day I might live in the middle of somewhere
as opposed to just the lovely middle of nowhere.
But why go there, when nowhere thinking got me everywhere I comfortably needed to stay?

One year is really all I need.
In one year things will be settled.
I believe I said that about four years ago, but I'm willing to believe it - still...
For one more year that is.

Maybe I could ditch the dog?
But she can't and maybe he can't and so if they can't...
Guess what?  
I can't.  
Because where they go, I go and thats the only thing I'm certain of.

Yea, yea, yea.  No girl needs a big, big dog.  
No little girl requires one.
Yet I'm positive that she does.
It's the only "positive" thing about having him right now, her need.


We use the term "Best Friend" all the time these days.
I have lots of them and they aren't perfect, but they do something to me and for me and bring something out of me that adds to my life.   I guess I require them now.  They make me, well, they make me ME and so...  I would not give up my best friends for a better location, better deal, better situation although I might consider giving them up for free cable.  

Which leads me to this reality... I got her the dog, the very big and beautiful dog because she needed a best friend and I think he's changed her, like my friends change me and I think he makes her world an easier place to cope, as mine do for me.  
So he stays...
Or in this particular case, he goes too.
End of story.



No comments:

Post a Comment