Friday, March 30, 2012

Both sides of the coin, loving and hating



Things that might need to be changed....
Living far from others affords some freedoms that one might take for granted, such as, well, walking round nude and gardening in pajamas and what else?   Oh yea, yelling...   I might want to curb my frustrations when I reside in hearing distance from others.
What makes me holler anyhow?   Not much actually.
Sometimes I call the dogs back when they chase a raccoon or a Poodle or a rat or maybe a regretful, trespasser.
Sometimes I sing really loudly and when I do, I'm absolutely certain that I could have been a Rockstar, but only when I'm completely alone.

What makes me yell?  They do.  When they fight or bicker or bitch or act out, I may raise my voice and perhaps that will have to stop and that wouldn't be so bad.  It would probably make me kind of happy to never have that luxury of yelling, since I personally find it rather ugly and afterwards mostly unnecessary.

Funny about fighting - my kids love each other so intensely and insanely that the fights they do have seem almost like an exercise in "actions".  Neither one appears to know what the real world is truly like and the arguments between them are so miniscule, pointless and docile or tame; they really make no sense.   It's as if they fight over nothing just to practice the art of argument; sort of like taking field hockey in P.E., knowing you'll never play a single game in your entire life.   What goes on here between them is absolutely nothing in comparison to the fights I had with my own sisters and brothers.  I have no idea how I survived those battles, but I did and what's more true is that they made me who I am today and the love that grew between myself, those brothers and sisters of mine is something I wouldn't be able to live without,  not even for a day.   The fighting only heightened or made noticeable the real and tangible value in the relationships.
Sisters and Brothers = the Hatfields and McCoys of everyday life.

I realize that sometimes it's the arguments in a relationship that carry it to the next level.
Oh and yes, this is what I do when I should be packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment