Thursday, December 26, 2013

Down The Drain




and with this length of rope one might hang himself OR... one might go out and lasso whats truly desired....

This is the good news as well as the bad, when we folks are presented with a string of any kind -

I laugh a lot about the remarkablity of coincidence
I think a lot about how rudimentary life is and how everything leads back to everything that came before
Karma and karm-again

All my problems cycle to water, return and initiate with, are founded in and lead back to it, when broken down.
Noticed especially in the last years, water has resounded in all my strife and in all honestly, in all my joy.

As of late...
I've struggled against the pipes in the old, grey house... what flows or currently what doesn't it seems.   
First back up and now simply no pressure.   None whatsoever.  Who would ever have thought that not having pressure in one's life might not be quite nice.  

I'm at the lake house and a dense, brown, rust scented substance spews out of pipes that literally groan when pressed.   
After a visit from the highly apologetic and notably pleasant plumber, out of frustration I lead dogs and kids to the water's edge where everyone, no matter how cold the lake is, seems to simply crave entry. 
 It is irresistible.   
I cannot win. 
I tread endlessly.  
I came for the water and the altitude and the age of the place, but it is the very water, altitude and age of the place that drains me, like water from a leaking bucket, when what I sought all along was replenishment. 
12,000 he said.
12,000 I thought.
Has nothing to do with money, but it has everything to do with fighting the tide and that has everything to do with everything wrong and everything right in my life and life in general.

Our adult body is approximately 50 to 75 % water.
We are submerged in fluid prior to birth.
It cleanses us.
We consume it constantly, hidden in all forms, solid and liquid.
With each breath we release, there is an "insensible loss" of water,
we simply cannot live without it, but we can survive quite some time without most anything else.
Water is everything we need and yet in excess it floods and kills us (think tsunami)
without it we shrivel and die
While in search of it, in all convenience, it costs us constantly and can ruin us or our beloved crap at any time (think mold)

If love is like oxygen
then water is life
we are nothing without it

In every goshdarn situation, good or bad, I learn something and maybe this is why I've learned to stay so calm in bad situations.
Because I know that in everything big or small, wet or dry, there is something to find, something to learn, some way to grow, something to gain, even when we lose.
Man would never have sought the cave, if not for the rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment