Tuesday, December 10, 2013

2+0+1=3


There's a theory, at least in my life there has been; my Mother always said that death happens in threes.   Since millions of people die daily I gather the meaning is more personal or relative and that it indicates quite simply that we lose things in 3s, like people and opportunities, sentimental treasures and other gifts...

I feel like I lost something today, but I can't put my finger on it and I certainly can't place three fingers on anything...


Grandma Jenny, at the young old age of 95, give or take, got booted off the Wii bowling league at the senior community where she resides today.  Recent blindness in one lovely eye has made her a less desirable bowling partner it seems.   I realize I loved her bowling days, mostly because she loved them so.

Bye Wii Bowlers.

My daughter and I have finished reading The Outsiders.   

I've torn through that perfect novel at least three times in my life, maybe more, likely four.   
I remain forever in love with Soda.
I'm gonna miss Johnny - again.


And whats the third thing killing off my day?   


Maybe it's that my old dog Dais is becoming annoying (more so then usual even).  If she bowled, I'd kick her off my Wii team.   I think she's not long for this world, just my gut instinct on dogs and life...

And my young rebel without a cause dog is still under the weather, after having gone all Bad Santa on me, devouring a chocolate advent calendar on Thanksgiving whilst I was out, which led to him nearly dying of Pancreatitis.  Dogs really shouldn't snack on cocoa, especially out of spite.  


But nope, it's not just those things, is it?


Maybe it's tonsillectomies for sweet boys of mine

Christmas tree pine needles on the hardwood floor
Shorter days
Longer nights
Yesterday's heartbreakingly beautiful sunlight coupled with unusually strong, striking winds
Perhaps it's the irreversible length of my growing "to do" list
What to wear to all the parties coming up with people I don't know or care for while the ones I love are doing the same thing somewhere else without me, otherwise fondly known as the holiday season...
Maybe it's that something over is over and something starting has started and things will never be the same.    I suspect that even if I read the exact same unrevised, beloved book over again, it won't come across the way it did the first time.
Maybe it's that the long year is ending and though it was iffy at times, 2 0 1 3 was kind of a beautiful number.

I sure hope Ponyboy made it to college...



No comments:

Post a Comment