Wednesday, September 11, 2013

go on and grow...

The wisest folks of all seem to tell us that most people are fearful when it comes to change.
I can see that.   I can see that in almost everyone I know, even the biggest, strongest, smartest. 
Now that's scary.
I'm afraid to say, that I am not - I am not afraid of change. 
Nope.
Not me.
I embrace it.  I cause it.  I look for it.  I wait patiently and also impatiently for it.  
I need it really. 
I may in fact be a little addicted to it and I've been wondering 
how come.
Why do I constantly need to have change or progress or alteration?   
Was I always this way?
Yes, I was, I realize, which leads me to this...
What on earth will I do when things are as they should be and change no more?

Of course things will always change, but I won't be able to keep up the pace of progression I've induced for the past decade and especially the past eighteen months or so.  So... then what?

Recently in a strange turn of events, my big, bad and I do mean bad dog, well he took a bite out of me. 
Yup he did.  
I know.   What a sh_thead.
You know what I did?
I changed him, am changing him currently actually.
I sent him away to be reconditioned by some hopefully highly capable dog whisperer.
He should come home quite tame, fundamentally altered.   
Fingers crossed.

Here in my new home, settling in, I can feel myself slow down intentionally in the work that I've planned to do, in the things I am determined to change.   Why?   Because once it's done, well,
 then what?

Maybe I am fearful of sameness, stagnation. 
Maybe I'm afraid of completion.
Why?
I think I know why and the answer does in all honesty concern me, which is a softer way of saying it frightens me.
When I finally run out of things to change, I will in fact be left with the task of changing nothing other then myself.

And when I do, I will have a different answer to my own question, "Was I always this way?"
Nope.
Not me.


 go grow yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment