Friday, September 27, 2013

Accidental Amazingness



I picked him up, just like always and just like always, I felt a happiness roll up inside of me just seeing him.

"Today at school", he said.

I prepared myself for an ordinary tale of things that happen on a routine basis to my 9 year old boy.
for example;
*I got a paper-cut
*The teacher told us...
*My side hurt while running in P.E.
*Somebody passed gas.

But not this...

"Today at school" he said,  "I accidentally saw heaven".

He'd been out on the playground gazing up at the sky.   He described to me the clouds; big and beautiful, a little dark, stacked one behind the other.   Then, some of these clouds he watched separated so that he, quite by accident, 
glimpsed heaven. 
  
"Its orange Mom", said with a secretive certainty one might imply as they shared a simple truth about what was taken in, like they'd unintentionally had a look up some girl's skirt as she climbed the jungle gym.   No doubt what was seen.   


"Isn't that great?" he stated more then asked.

"It is great", I replied.
"I can think of nothing better then seeing heaven, especially not on purpose".


and I see heaven too...
Every time I look at you.


No comments:

Post a Comment