Monday, July 8, 2013

pointless treasures


 I saw this heart shaped stone last week while walking away from the beach...

My hands were full.  I had so darn much to carry, but I put a few things down and picked up the rock.  I showed it to someone, she smiled.
A smile producing stone must be held onto.
I kept it in the palm of my hand and grabbed my bags, chair, other things and on I went, following behind another friend who pulled a gosh darn wagon full of beach things up the long, winding, steep incline. 
I placed it on my kitchen counter.   Left it there.  Why?   I don't know.
I don't know why I do a lot of things.

Yesterday I resisted the irresistible.  
Pots and pans on sale, 4th of July sale, now that's something hard to walk away from, but I did.
Instead of pot shopping I ran away to the mountains for 24 little hours.

I kinda almost sorta want to punish myself for leaving my pre-moving chores undone for one more day.  
Bad girl.
  I should be and could be frustrated with myself and I am, but yet I'm not.  
I'm not.  
I'm frustrated but not with myself.
I'm frustrated by life and it's magnetism...
I'm frustrated by beauty and by water, 
 luck, change, altitude, dogs that bite, passing cars,
by temperature, paper, hoarseness, love and other awful things.  Frustrated by how much more I miss my children once they come home.  Frustrated by time and how slowly it blows by
and other amazing things.
If there were no heart shaped stones to pick up and admire, I'd be more efficient and always accomplish everything. 
Maybe.
Life could stand to be a heck of a lot less irresistible...




















No comments:

Post a Comment