Sunday, January 22, 2012

spin for me



There are moments, few and far between, but they exist, when I'm absolutely certain that the world revolves around me.
I know this, just as I know that most of the time it does not.  
 I assume that much of the time it revolves around you.  About which you may or may not even be aware.   I hope though that you are, because, I can tell you there is nothing like it.

Leaving Las Vegas and the million lights, driving into the peaceful nothingness of the desert, all that I felt inside of me manifested into a series of remarkable, powerful, beautiful, dangerous, incredible, planet altering storms.   These storms swept people in their vehicles right off the not terribly crowded roadway, ignited fires, blew the earth into the air, disturbed everything in their paths, except me.   Repeatedly engulfed in the center of each turbulent pocket, I was somehow unafraid, but not unaffected and absolutely not unmoved.  I was simply a spectator as the world revolved around me, secure, dazzled, blissful and positive it was all about me.  In the storm, my storm, I was impossibly safe and I knew it and I loved it.
 This storm was mine.  

It was Me, the wind.
Me the clouds.
Me the dissipating heat.
Me the hail.   
Me the lightening.
Me the thunder.  
Me the fire. 
Me the cold.
Me the water. 
Me the returning sun. 
Me the silence. 
Me the storm.



These were my feelings; my questions, my answers, my love, my freedom, my worry, my plans, my carelessness, my joy, my havoc, my calm, my fear, my ambivalence ... and afterward it was my awe, my good fortune, heaven to me and until now, it was for the most part, my secret.   

Then the world's crazy revolution was about me.  I caused it, as if I put my finger tips to a globe and sent it spinning 100 times faster.   It was about me, until inevitably it was not and it hasn't been since, as it rarely was before.  But, it was me, the axis and now it's not and I love that too.   I only want the world to revolve around me every now and again.


Not so long ago the world revolved around me... and I have the pictures to prove it















No comments:

Post a Comment