Monday, April 21, 2014

hold please...


The least smart statement I repeatedly make is, "I can't wait"...
For example, recently I'd said to myself, over and over, "I can't wait for Spring Break" and I couldn't, because it was when I'd travel with my kids and when I'd get to see my rarely seen sister.  Though I couldn't wait, I did of course and the moment it came, the moment I saw her, wouldn't you know, immediately I began wishing that the very thing I'd waited for was still weeks away and not just happening.   That realization lead promptly to a great big stomach ache on account of the missing I'd be doing once I left her, which inevitably occurred... and my belly still hates me, because I love her so...

I wait a lot for the things I can't wait for, it seems.
When I worked as a nurse I had an abundance of patience, but only with my patients (insert laughter here)
When I was a child, I couldn't wait to grow up
get married
have babies
move away
go home
see the world
be whatever the heck I was meant to be
And still I can't wait for most of those things, though some have happened in a different order then I'd waited for them to come and some have unhappened, or may never happen, but most likely will, just not sure when, but I can't wait to see...

I can't wait for the swimwear I just ordered to arrive via two day express mail for an extra $17.99 (shhh), but the bill for those tiny bits of fabric can crawl here, far as I'm concerned

I can't wait for summer, except the ceiling fans haven't been installed in the house I couldn't wait to find, buy, close on and move into and so Summer, don't jump here just yet, despite my out loud wishing for you.   Come soon, but not just yet, wait for me to call the electrician. 

I can't wait for someone to call me and ask me out for a date or???   Or get lost, leave me alone or someone just notice me while someone else changes or grows or... or I don't know.

I often ask for advice on what I should or shouldn't wait on and then in turn I dole out more tips on sitting tight or taking leaps ... etc, etc, etc.

I think that maybe I ought to say things like  "I don't know"  more often then my well worn "I can't wait".   Your thoughts?   Never mind, I simply can't wait for you to answer me.

I roll back and forth between patience and action

I am patient, really I am, much  more so then I could have ever imagined and it's good, but it's not always right.   Sometimes you have to move and knowing the difference between patience and resistance can be tricky.

In May I'll go gluten free, but why wait?
Next week I'll talk to the financial planner.   Tomorrow is coincidentally next week; when did that happen?
Soon I'll return the tight shoes, book summer vacation, make time for my gym, leave the house past dark with a man maybe even but maybe I'll wait.   I don't know.
Soon I'll move forward
Forgive someone
Forget someone
Buckle down
Remember things better
Treat myself to a...

Soon I won't be waiting for what I waited for and then I don't know...

Yesterday, my son picked lemons for me from my father's little tree, except they were oranges, which looked a lot like the nearby lemons that hung waiting to be picked on the lemon tree just a few feet further away.    He apparently couldn't wait to begin picking and grabbed what was closer.  We laughed about the sack full of yellowy oranges.   He called them Loranges and then I named them O-mens...

Tonight I said, "lets make lemonade out of L'Omens" and we did, with the Loranges and it was incredible...and I don't know what comes next.

If patience is a virtue then what is action?  
Action is also a virtue and I have the Lorange-ade to prove it.




Do what you will, when you will, but you know, do it when I want you to, whenever that may be



No comments:

Post a Comment