Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Be-ing



Grab A Coke and a Smile...
Remember that amazing cola commercial with that adorable jingle?  
Moving, motivating, inspiring.

In this house it's more like - Grab A Cake And A Smile...
We bake and it miraculously makes us feel good.
We laugh.  We mix and talk and make messes and mistakes which we fix as we mix.
Its good.

We bake for occasions and most occasions are rewarding period, but a cake requiring occasion is just the best thing.

Tonight we bake for teachers; boy, girl and I do.
Tonight we also bake for their Pop.  Yup.
We do, boy, girl and I.

It's a weird thing...
Divorce is.
It's weird how the people you are divorced from keep moving on in their life, having birthdays and whatnot.
   
Time doesn't stand still over anything or anyone.

Grateful as I am for the passage of time and all it brings and all it reveals and all it leaves behind for us to look back on, I sometimes wish I could split sideways, move out of time's way, escape notice, contemplate before another second speeds by.   I'd like to stop along side time and just BE.

Maybe I should take a cake with me, because I might just BE a while.









No comments:

Post a Comment