Wednesday, April 25, 2012

with a flicker and a flame, everything old is new-ish again:

if in doubt, resort to candle light...


My house is an English Muffin.  There are "nooks and crannies" everywhere.   I can't discover it enough, fast enough.   It can be overwhelming.... paralyzing.  

Like my pup, who paces down the hall before caving and finding an acceptable place to sleep, I find myself walking then setting down temporarily, till I move again, for reasons I can't define, from each room, till now.

On the sofa in the center of the whole house, caved in and comfy; I listen to somewhat surprising buckets of May rain pouring down on everything and then I do the one and only thing that magically makes me feel at home in this new house; I light candles and gaze at everything I have, everything I know, in clear light.   

Somewhere in this house of things is everything I long to know, already have, already have loved but somehow have lost and now found again.
And only at this moment have I just realized...
I love even just the purest, simplest flames that shine light on everything I'm dying to see, dying to love, all over again.
It's that simple.


1 comment: