Friday, March 4, 2011

Back in the atmosphere...

A few days down with the flu.  
I never left my house.
Looking back over the past nearly three years that I have been on my own, I can recall 5 day stretches where I didn't  leave the house and there was no flu to pin it on, just me, just myself, just I.  

If you knew me and maybe you do, you'd probably have a hard time believing I can behave in a reclusive manner.  I can.  I have.  I fight it.  Luckily I win, eventually.

Today I fought it and I also battled the urge to shirk a work out.  I knew it would be physically hard, grueling even.  But I did it, not sure why.  I think I went forward partly because I have someone holding me mildly accountable.    A friend is encouraging me to find the true good in a new fitness regimen.   

As I ran today, something I never thought I'd enjoy, I heard a song playing and it made me realize that the main person encouraging me to do this torturous, constant trial of an exercise routine, is... me.

So, I danced along the light of day, headed back to the milky way... or so it felt.


And it was everything I wanted to find and I did miss you while I was looking for myself out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment