Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yes you can.

I said, "I can't".  He said, "try".  I said, "There's something wrong with me, remember?  I can't do this sort of stuff, I have a rod and bolts in my leg".  "Try once", he said.   In my head I called him an as_hole.  In my mouth I tasted bile from my nervous belly.  In my mind I pictured a trip the hospital due to breaking a screw under my knee cap, but in my heart I longed to give it a shot.
So... I jumped on the box.
Why do I ever say, "I can't"?
I'm racking my brain trying to think of things I've failed at and I'm drawing a blank.   Without a doubt I've missed the mark, changed course, stopped the process, but have I failed at something I tried?  I can't recall actually failing.  Not when I've truly made a genuine effort anyhow.   

I must remember to hold my tongue when I feel like saying - "I CAN'T".
Because, in most cases, I CAN and what's more important, I WILL, when I try.

Thanks to my friend Brandy for bringing me to the Crossfit gym.  I didn't think I could do it, but you make me want to.  You're one amazing chick.  Thanks to my other friend who unknowingly inspires me to risk injury and go all out with new sportsy stuff as well.
There is one thing that I CAN'T do.  I CAN'T ever tell you how much I love you, my "continuing sources of inspiration". (a'la SouthPark)

1 comment:

  1. I'm flattered, BUT...YOUR'E the one who shows up, gets nervous (like we all do), lifts the weight, runs the run, does the work and walks away triumphant. Glad you like it and love that I get to see more of you. That was my secret goal anyways :) You can do anything, your are amazing.

    ReplyDelete