Tuesday, February 8, 2011

To Those Who Wait

They say patience is a virtue.  Unfortunately I can be less then virtuous at times.  Waiting and wondering can put me in a funk, but mostly I must admit, I find it exciting to wait and see.
Recently I watched as a friend's patience paid off.  She was exasperated, frustrated and even humiliated.  She avoided complaining about her woes and made small but purposeful attempts to alter her course and gain altitude in the slippery slope of life.  Well, her perseverance paid off and I learned that some very wonderful, necessary and incredible things have come to fruition for her lovely self.  I could not be happier for her and about it all.  She is a precious person who deserves some breaks in life and she's getting them.  Lovely would be the word I'd choose to describe this event and lovely is a good word to put to use for her as a whole, now that I think of it.
I have witnessed many cases of patience bringing good things in time.  Nice to reflect and be reassured by it all.  Reminds me to cherish each day, whether the day brings what I hope it will or maybe brings me one day closer to what I hope will come.  I am positive, because the evidence is all around me; that good things come to those who wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment