Thursday, June 26, 2014

Following You...

Just like that...
  
I walked into the club called Night Moves, strolled up to him and poured  the cluster of beer bottle caps from my trembling, damp, now tin scented, cupped hands into his waiting palms.
"For your collection", I said, as if those useless tokens were a prize.
He smiled at me.
By the end of the night I was wearing his John Deere cap as we listened to the music play, standing still, our shoulders brushing as we breathed in and out, side by side, smiling.
... and we were a couple for a long time to come, years and years.
His friends, otherwise known as "The Band", were now mine 
and this, one of the songs they sang that night, became our song.

I was fifteen and he was my first love and so were they, The Band.

They say you never get over your first love and I can understand why.
Who would want to?

The other day my friend Laura told me she thought my son was in fact my true soulmate.

I think maybe she's right.
This makes me realize that I am luckier in love then I considered myself to be.
I had a first love who came with his own live music and I have a soulmate.
Lucky me.


RIP Pag. 
It will be my great pleasure to remember you always just as you were then.
  
I will stay with you... will you stay with me


my soulmate & I

No comments:

Post a Comment