Tuesday, August 30, 2011

wishlist/laundrylist

I am too old for wishes and a wish-list to pin them on.  I should probably be checking off items on a laundry list, instead of lying awake, listening to Pearl Jam, mentally adding to my living dreams, elongating my wish-list.


My step-father disliked it when I used the word "wish".  I often did this decades ago when we first met and became close.  I actually believe though that he is the one who's made the switch toward hopefulness, which to me is the foundation for wishing.   In years past he often told me this and I quote; "put your wish in one hand and s_i_  in the other.   You'll be holding something which amounts to nothing in both palms".


I don't have to wish to understand that now he and I both hold valuable possessions in our own hands.
I wish I was  _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _.
...And I wish I could fall asleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment