Saturday, April 23, 2011

Things We Do For Love

Easter Eve, if there is such a phrase and I'm rhyming my head off, creating a sudo-magical, treasure hunt for my children.  As they sleep later, I'll hide their baskets.  Where they expect to find them when they wake, instead they'll encounter a note, well a series of notes actually.   They'll follow this lyrical, verbage towards their chocolate laden, plastic bins, stuffed also with shredded colored paper straw, jelly bellies and peeps.  This is high fun for me.  These are the things I do now a days.  These are the things I do for love.


While my printer is on and my laptop connected, I'm printing out other items as well.  Killing two birds or maybe two bunnies with one stone.  I'm filling out papers that require my precious signature.  They're for a lawyer and they are involved in the dismantling of things.  I realize, however ironically, these are also the things I do for love.  


Seems it does not matter whether we are putting things together, like an Easter Basket Hunt, or taking things apart, such as - lets call it an "establishment"; we are, for the most part, dealing with degrees of love.


There is a fly on my computer screen and I've no desire to kill it.  I can't swat a fly.  "She wouldn't hurt a fly", applies literally to me.  Long ago my Nana said that she'd "like to be a fly on the wall".  My mother told me this and now I am convinced that every ill timed, well placed housefly is in-fact my Nana come back from heaven to point something out to me.  So, because of the fly on my screen, I'm taking notice of my tasks this evening.   I'm realizing that both things, maybe all things I do, good and bad, happy and sad, right and wrong, weak and strong, involve love of some form or other.  
Everything I do is a thing I do for love.
Thank you Nana and Happy Easter... now shu fly

No comments:

Post a Comment